2018 – 2019
The application process involves two mandatory steps:
Step 1: Select Golf Academy in Student Connect when selecting courses
Step 2: Complete this online form: 2018-2019 Academy Online Application Form
Are you coming to the Delta School District from another District to attend one of our Academies? If so please follow this link to out Out of District Application Form.
International students please email firstname.lastname@example.org for international application.
Monthly Fees: Each of the Golf Program Options has a different fee
- Basic Skill Development – $275/month for Seaquam and $300/month for South End- DMEC. (South end- DMEC monthly fee includes return taxi transportation from South Delta or Delta Secondary to the South end golf course).
- Advanced Skill Development – $275/month for Seaquam and $300/month for South End DMEC. (South end- DMEC monthly fee includes return taxi transportation from South Delta or Delta Secondary to South end golf course).
- Individualized Elite – To be announced
- Fees are divided over 10 monthly payments
- Deposit fee: Sept and June monthly fees plus $100 administration fee is due June 1, 2018.
- Golf Membership fee is due September 1st.
- Bursaries are available for those with financial need.
Refund and Exit Policy
- Once the program has started all requests for exiting the program and refunds shall be made in writing to Paige Hansen at email@example.com and in collaboration with a counselor from the student’s home school
- Full refund of the tuition fee (less the $100 application fee) if the Student withdraws from the program after June 1st but before September 1st
- Deposit fee (September and June monthly fee plus the $100 application fee) is non-refundable after September 1st
- No refund of the tuition is made if the student is dismissed from the Academy program
- If a program is cancelled a full refund will be issued
Application Process for New and Returning Students
Student and parent/guardian complete the application form.
- Seaquam Golf Academy: return the completed application form to the Student Data Coordinator at Seaquam Secondary, along with the deposit fee. The deposit fee, which will be processed June 1, 2018, is non-refundable.
- Beach Grove (DMEC) Golf Academy: return the completed application form to Corinne Leary at Delta Manor Education Centre, 4750 57th St, Delta, along with the deposit fee. The deposit fee, which will be processed June 1, 2018, is non-refundable.
Acceptance into the Golf Academy
All applications will be adjudicated and date stamped upon receipt. All applicants are encouraged to apply by March 10.
Please note that due to the limited space in the Golf Academy acceptance into the Academy will be left to the Teacher Coordinator’s discretion so as to create the best learning environment possible.
You will receive a written letter from the Delta School Board regarding both the status of your application and monthly payment information, once there is a sufficient number of applicants to run the program.
Once all Golf Academy spaces have been filled, accepted applicants will be placed on a wait list. The Delta School Board will notify applicants if space becomes available.
Out-of-catchment students may attend Seaquam Secondary full time or on a part-time basis, moving between two schools at lunch. Students planning to attend the Golf Academy full time must contact the Records Clerk at Seaquam Secondary and arrange to:
- Select courses for the 2018 – 2019 school year
- Bring the student’s last report card
Once accepted to the Golf Academy, please contact the Student Data Coordinator at Seaquam Secondary and arrange to:
- Complete a Delta School District registration form
- Complete a Non School District application form
- Select courses for the 2018-2019 school year
- Bring the student’s birth certificate and proof of residency
- Bring the student’s last report card