The Delta School district has two different Golf Academies. One program takes places in the North end through Seaquam Secondary and the other is located in the south end of our school district through Delta Manor Education Centre. Both programs are lead by Bryce Hamade, our Teacher Coordinator in conjunction with Chris Lutes- PGA of Canada Coach. The Golf Academies take students of all skill levels and works with them where they are at. Every second day students are picked up at lunch by school transportation and driven to the golf course. The North end takes place at The Delta Golf Course and the south end Academy goes to Tsawwassen Springs. Here students learn to improve their golf game for two blocks right in the middle of the school day for full course credits! Please note that the golf programs only have space for 15 students each. Register early!
GOLF ACADEMY AT SEAQUAM- Gr. 8 – 12 Males & Females
Coached by PGA of Canada Coach Chris Lutes, 2013 PGA of Canada National Teacher of the Year Rob Houlding and strength and conditioning coach, Lindsay Manion, this academy meets the needs of golfers from beginner to elite. The academy includes a 12 month junior membership at Delta Golf Course plus up to 6,000 range balls. This elite program includes three tournament opportunities as well as one-on-one coaching preparation. This program is overseen by Teacher Coordinator Bryce Hamade. (2 block program every other afternoon).
GOLF ACADEMY AT DELTA MANOR EDUCATION CENTRE- Gr. 8 12 Males & Females
Coached by PGA of Canada Coach Chris Lutes, 2013 PGA of Canada National Teacher of the Year Rob Houlding and strength and conditioning coach, Lindsay Manion, this academy meets the needs of golfers from beginner to elite. The academy includes a 12 month junior membership plus unlimited range balls during academy sessions. This elite program includes three tournament opportunities as well as one-on-one coaching preparation. This program is overseen by Teacher Coordinator Bryce Hamade (2 block program every other afternoon).
Golf Academy Goals
The golf academy is designed to provide students greater choices in meeting their learning goals and graduation requirements while offering the opportunity to develop and refine their golf related skills. The academy will offer student athletes a high performance golf program that gives them the opportunity to develop their potential and total game including: technique, golf course management, competition, physical fitness, and mental conditioning.
Students in the golf academy will:
- Receive high quality golf instruction by certified CPGA teaching professionals
- Continue to develop their potential and total game skills
- Learn the rules and etiquette of golf
- Receive high quality, golf specific, physical and mental training by certified trainers
- Continue to develop their personal golf and fitness levels
- Learn about sports nutrition and mental preparation for competition
- Network with golf professionals to achieve university scholarships
11584 Lyon Road
Delta BC V4E 2K4
Phone: 604 591-6166
5133 Springs Boulevard
Delta BC V4M 0A6
Phone: 604 952-5374
Facts about the Program
- This academy is open to male and female students in Grades 8 – 12
- The Golf Academy is two blocks, back to back, every other afternoon
- Students receive credit for PE at the appropriate grade and Superfit 10 -12
- Students earn 8 credits per year toward graduation (Grade 10 -12)
- Delta students may attend Seaquam Secondary part-time to participate in the Golf Academy. (Bell schedules are similar at each secondary school in Delta; lunchtime provides time for students to move between schools to attend an academy at another school)
2015 – 2016 DMEC Tsawwassen Springs monthly golf fee includes return taxi transportation from South Delta or Delta Secondary to Tsawwassen Springs Golf.
Golf Program Options:
Link to Golf Assessment Rubric
Golf – Students will have a membership at Surrey Golf Club, Delta Golf Club or Willows.
Fitness – Seaquam Secondary
Regular Bell Schedule
The Golf Academy is in Blocks G and H during Period 3 and 4. These blocks occur every other afternoon.
|Period 1||8:30 – 9:50 am|
|Period 2||9:55 – 11:15 am|
|Lunch||11:15 – 12:00 am|
|Period 3||12:00 – 1:20 pm|
|Period 4||1:25 – 2:43 pm|
Professional Learning Community (PLC) Days Bell Schedule 2014 – 2015
There will be a modified Bell Schedule on the following days:
Oct 8, Oct 22, Nov 5, Nov 19, Dec 3, Jan 14, Jan 28, Feb 11, Feb 25, Mar 4, Apr 15, Apr 29, May 13, May 27.
Collaborative Time Teachers only 8:30 – 9:30 am
|Period 1||9:35 – 10:40 am|
|Period 2||10:45 – 11:50 am|
|Lunch||11:50 – 12:30 am|
|Period 3||12:30 – 1:35 pm|
|Period 4||1:40 – 2:45 pm|
Equipment and Supplies
Students are supplied with a Golf jacket and hat.
Students must supply their own golf clubs and shoes.
The Delta School District provides bus transportation to and from the golf course and driving range.