The Order of Merit for the Delta Golf Academy will be divided into two categories. The first being for competing in Teams and the second for individual skills. The winning team and individual will be awarded with Golf clothing/equipment and instructional camps.
TEAMS – Students will be appointed teams in which they will play and practice together for the final term. Every other week during the third term we will have a 9 hole tournament during our Academy session in which the teams will try and accumulate as many points as possible. The first 4 tournaments will be considered regular season and the final 3 will be our playoffs. The point system has been taken from the FedEx cup race on the PGA Tour where regular season wins earn 500 points and then playoff points earn 1000 points. Points break down is as follows:
1st Place Regular = 500 1st Place Playoff = 1000
2nd Place Regular = 300 2nd Place Playoff = 600
3rd Place Regular = 190 3rd Place Playoff = 380
4th Place Regular = 135 4th Place Playoff = 0
5th Place Regular = 110 5th Place Playoff = 0
INDIVIDUAL SKILLS – This year we have decided to move towards “Skills Pins.” A skills pin will be awarded roughly every week for the winner or top score from our “Games and Tests” portion of the practice. A typical game might be the Birdie Putt Test, Endzone putting, Up and Down or Kp Chipping. Any student can challenge the game to post the high score for the week at the end of the session or at the start of the next class, the student will be awarded a small Canada Flag pin to be placed on the front pocket of the golf bag. At the end of each term the top pin earning student will receive gifts or prizes.
Additional pins will be awarded during term assessments for all short game categories as well as Ball Striking and Driver Skills. See below for testing information.
We have given a point value to our normal short game assessments, created a mid-iron and taken the driver test from the “Drive, Chip and Putt” competition seen for Juniors at the masters. A perfect score in any category is valued at 75 points. This means that the most points possible will be 300. Initial assessment scores will be ignored and mid year assessments will count as half points. The player at the end of the season who can accumulate the most points will be considered our Individual Skills winner. Scoring is as follows.
Driver = 3 shots to a 40 Yard wide fairway. A given shot only accumulates points if it stays on the fairway. Points will be awarded according to distance.
- 10pts 150-160 yards
- 11pts 160-170 yards
- 12pts 170-180 yards
- 13pts 180-190 yards
- 14pts 190-200 yards
- 15pts 200-210 yards
- 16pts 210-220 yards
- 17pts 220-230 yards
- 18pts 230-240 yards
- 19pts 240-250 yards
- 20pts 250-260 yards
- 21pts 260-270 yards
- 22pts 270-280 yards
- 23pts 280-290 yards
- 24pts 290-300 yards
- 25pts 300+ yards
Mid Iron = 3 shots from approximately 135 yards to a middle flag on an average sized green. A given shot only accumulates points if it stays on the green. Points will be awarded according to distance from the flag.
- 1pt A ball finishing more than 48′ from the hole
- 2pts A ball finishing 36′ – 48′ from the hole
- 5pts A ball finishing 24′ – 36′ from the hole
- 10pts A ball finishing 12′ – 24′ from the hole
- 15pts A ball finishing 6′ – 12′ from the hole
- 20pts A ball finishing 3′ – 6′ from the hole
- 25pts Hole in One to 3′
Chip/Pitch = Students will take their average from each category of the 15 and 25 yard chip and the 15 yard pitch. Points will then be awarded according to their leave distance.
- 1pt A ball finishing more than 10′ from the hole
- 2pts A ball finishing 8′ – 10′ from the hole
- 5pts A ball finishing 6′ – 8′ from the hole
- 10pts A ball finishing 4′ – 6′ from the hole
- 15pts A ball finishing 3′ – 4′ from the hole
- 20pts A ball finishing 1.5′ – 3′ from the hole
- 25pts Hole in One to 1.5′
Putting = Students will be scored based upon their number of strokes for each category of short (3′), mid (8′) and lag putting (30, 40 and 50′.) Assuming 6 sets at each station.
- 1pt Short = 39+ putts – Mid = 60+ putts – Lag = 56+ putts
- 2pts Short = 35 to 38 putts – Mid = 51 – 59 putts – Lag = 51 – 55 putts
- 5pts Short = 33 or 34 putts – Mid = 44 – 50 putts – Lag = 46 – 50 putts
- 10pts Short = 32 putts – Mid = 39 -43 putts – Lag = 40 – 45 putts
- 15pts Short = 31 putts – Mid = 37 – 38 putts – Lag = 37 – 40 putts
- 20pts Short = 30 putts – Mid = 36 putts – Lag = 36 putts
- 25pts Short = 30 putts – Mid = 35 putts or Better – Lag = 35 putts or Better